Tuesday 9 March 2010

Jeff Bridges wins Best Actor for 'Crazy Heart'



Bridges, the affable and well-liked star of "Crazy Heart," won the best actor at the 82nd annual Academy Award, an honor that has eluded him four times before.
Jeff's first nomination came nearly 40 years ago.
He said- "This could be a dream,". "I might wake up. Maybe not. Not for a while, anyway."
Once onstage, He took a fun and lively victory lap, thanking his parents, colleagues, agent and his wife and daughters.
"Thank you dad and mom for turning me on to such a groovy profession," a clearly pleased he said in accepting the award. Bridges spoke about how his father, the late actor Lloyd Bridges, used to sit him on a bed and teach him the basics of acting.
His mother Dorothy Bridges was the good actress.


Jeff Bridges Oscars Video:




He said-"This is honoring them as much as it is me"
Asked later by PEOPLE what the Oscar means to him, Bridges replied: "Sharing this with all the people who mean the most to me, my director and other actors and all my cast members and directors I've worked with that I haven't seen in years. I saw Walter Mirisch, who gave me my first job, so that was kind of cool."
Backstage, he clutched his Oscar in one hand and in the other a glass of champagne.
Pfeiffer said-"It is that kind of attention to detail and lack of vanity that has made Bridges not just a great actor, but a brilliant one."

No comments:

Post a Comment